Website UK Health Security Agency
Develop an effective working relationship with the key personnel in the Rosalind Franklin Laboratory (including but not limited to laboratory director and operational lead) and have frequent contact with the laboratory to gain situational awareness of laboratory operations as part of the laboratory’s role within UKHSA. Act as the main conduit between the Laboratory Directorate and the Laboratory, report accurately on all measures and KPIs in an open and constructive manner.
- Responsible for development of business cases for changes to laboratory capacity or contracts and ensuring where necessary the supplier relationships are fully understood.
- Proactively identify, report and support mitigation or operational and delivery risks.
- Regular monitoring and consistent oversight of the laboratory performance utilising programme tools such as SPLUNK, Tableau and Laboratory LIMS (where available) and alerting when performance is below contractual and programme KPIs.
- Act as an initial escalation point for issues and manage incidents at a lab level through to conclusion.
- Attendance at daily performance meetings, Laboratory Directors meetings and other meetings as required by the programme.
- Reporting back to the Lighthouse Laboratory Lead/Relationship Manager Team Lead on current performance verses contractual and programme KPIs and any issues experienced by the laboratories as well as mitigations put in place to resolve.
- Provide progress reports & management information to the labs team as required.
- Liaise with Laboratory key personnel to monitor and ensure good performance as per contractual and programme KPIs.
- Change Management; application and consideration of document support required in the adoption of NTP-wide change(s) that impact the Lighthouse network labs.
- Experience of managing complex interdisciplinary projects.
- Programme and project management skills; frequent internal projects arise requiring data analytical skills, project management skills and Lab performance analysis skills.
- Experience in public sector governance and approvals processes.
- Laboratory relationship management experience is essential, preferably over multiple labs & ideally with experience in a high throughput diagnostic laboratory, together with a comprehensive understanding of the
- processes, working practices, IT & reporting systems employed.
- Experience of stakeholder management – (internal and external) will be liaising with Laboratory key personnel and other parties to monitor and ensure good performance as per contractual and programme KPIs
- Experience of building and maintaining supplier relationships across a variety of different organisations
- Health and Safety knowledge; awareness/ appreciation of laboratory Health & Safety procedures required for the integral running of a high through put testing lab.
- Understanding and experience in laboratory operations and procedures in molecular diagnostics.
- Implement reports and metrics to support performance management and decision making. Including data monitoring and analysis.
- Good communication & reporting skills are required
Company: UK Health Security Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corsham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A