Website Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
In this varied and challenging role, we will look for you to lead a team of remote working Vehicle Standards Assessors (VSAs) in West London to deliver high quality, value for money testing services within an Authorised Testing Facility network. You will support the provision of testing services by undertaking quality control activities of DVSA staff and assessing the technical aspects of testing facilities.
You will be responsible for ensuring the team works flexibly to meet the needs of the customer base, assessing the condition of a variety of classes of vehicles against the statutory standards on behalf of the Secretary of State for Transport.
The successful candidate will also provide technical support and mentorship online, face to face and by telephone to Vehicle Standards Assessors and Specialist Vehicle Standards Assessors, managers and ATFs, as needed.
- Effective relationships management with local testing facilities, in collaboration with other members of the NGT Management Team Resolve day to day service issues escalated by VSAs, Testing
- Network Manager, Network Business Manager and the resourcing team
- Efficient management of teams of VSAs to deliver testing services within the network
- Executing management responsibilities effectively and in line with DVSA policies and processes, planning and coordinating tasks and activities and taking responsibility for ensuring objectives are delivered
- Working in collaboration with colleagues across all functions for the good of DVSA and to create a high performing and well respected Agency
- Leading and developing high performing teams of Vehicle Standards Assessors (VSA)s
- Making appropriate engineering judgements when undertaking examination of a vehicle’s components and/or systems
You will need to be open to working remotely within a wide geographical area, spending occasional nights away from home, if necessary, on DVSA business. You’ll work flexibly when needed in line with the relevant operating modules and contract.
We welcome application from those who need to work a more flexible arrangement and will agree to requests where possible, taking into account our operational and customer service needs. We can’t guarantee that we can meet all requests to work flexibly, as agreement will be subject to business ability to accommodate, and any request to work a more flexible arrangement should be made prior to your acceptance of the provisional offer.
Company: Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hillingdon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A