Website Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
As Lead Business Analyst, we will look to you to lead on business analysis activities across a change portfolio with an average annual change budget of £5 – £10m. Your main area of responsibility will be to provide strategic analysis to influence stakeholders in articulating clear strategic and economic business cases for change.
You will lead a team who provide business analysis throughout the delivery lifecycle and oversee the quality of business analysis deliverables such as process maps and user stories. You will be responsible for continued alignment of project deliverables to desired business outcomes and agency strategy across multiple initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity for a Business Analyst who is ready for the next step in their career to build upon their skills and gain valuable leadership experience in a high-profile and evolving digital environment. Within your portfolio area you will develop long-term relationships with service owners and other business partners to provide insight and analysis at the early stages of initiatives, and play a vital role in supporting the Head of Profession to continue to provide a fit for purpose and high-quality Business Analysis capability within DVSA .
- Identifying opportunities for business analysis engagement and managing resource needs.
- Leading a business analysis function of up to 25-30 team members scaled to support a portfolio or service area.
- Supporting the Head of Business Analysis and other profession leads to establish, develop and motivate a high performing, fit for purpose BA Service model relevant for the DVSA need.
- Providing recommendation and rationale through relevant and timely analysis to influence the creation of clear Business Cases that reduce delivery and reputational risk to the agency.
- Promoting a growth mindset across the business analysis service and beyond so that innovative solutions are part of business case options.
- Providing expertise to enable the delivery of solutions that meet Government Digital Service standards working alongside User research and Service design.
You will bring proven consultancy and leadership skills which can be applied to motivating and developing teams and influencing internal and external stakeholders. You know how to build trust and credibility with all levels and types of stakeholders and be able to challenge constructively. You will be comfortable influencing project decisions, assessing and communicating risks and dependencies, and supporting prioritisation against competing business demands.
You will have extensive experience working as a Business Analyst within different delivery models including Agile delivery, supplier-led delivery, and hybrid models so that you understand the challenges of delivering business analysis within these different environments and you can support the Business Analysts in your team to operate effectively.
You have a growth mindset and are willing to consider opportunities for continuous personal and professional development and able to promote this within your team. You will be open to innovation and help others to identify opportunities.
Company: Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Swansea, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A