Website Foreign and Commonwealth Office
This role entails the organisation and running of GH functions, liaising directly with the Ministerial host or contacts and guests. The successful candidate will be involved in the preparations for functions, setting up rooms, furniture, bars, table settings and wine; and serving food, drinks and wine for meals and receptions. They will also manage and supervise catering staff, contract porters and cleaners and oversee the care of GH equipment and the close down procedures for each event
- The preparation of alcohol for events and accounting for the stock used after service.
- The supervision and management of porters and their work.
- Stocktaking and control of wines, linen, silverware, china and glass and other equipment, currently with specific responsibility for the care, maintenance and auditing of silver stocks.
- Briefing and management of chefs and catering staff and liaison with GH Functions team and assisting with recce visits and briefing clients on how to achieve the best results and outcomes on events.
- The management of GH equipment or high value stock items, including silverware, linen, glass, china and wine, including stock control, wine deliveries, organisation, issuing and returns, etc.
- Preparation for functions, including setting up and breaking down rooms, furniture, bars, table settings and overseeing wine service.
- The organisation and management of dining or reception rooms for guest numbers of between 10-350, to include the efficient service of food and drink, often to tight deadlines.
- Goods and equipment orders, the payment of invoices, updating finance systems and making credit card payments.:
- Physical fitness due to the requirement for lifting equipment and furniture and occasional ladder work.
- Good general knowledge of food service.
- Good communication skills due to the requirement for announcing at events and dealing confidently with people at all levels.
- Previous experience in hotel, catering or private residence.
Company: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A