Website HM Revenue & Customs
As the Health and Safety Manager for Glasgow you will have responsibility for implementing Estates related health and safety policy and standards within the Region, including the Government Hub at Atlantic Square and the Regions Specialist Sites in East Kilbride and Gartcosh.
- Provide advice and carry out assurances to ensure effective risk assessments are in place.
- Investigate and respond to Estates related incidents recorded under the ACC1 Accident at Work process, reporting progress back to the HMRC Estates Health & Safety Specialist.
- Provide health & safety advice and support in respect of Estates issues to both HMRC and Other Government Departments.
- Liaise with the Estates Health & Safety Specialist to identify building specific H&S issues arising from a programme of building related health & safety inspections.
- Develop and maintain the Regional Estates related health & safety risk register escalating any risks as appropriate.
- Although the role holder has overall responsibility for Health and Safety within the Region, the post holder will often be required to reach across to support the wider Workplace Operations team, and carry out other tasks to contribute towards the day to day running of the Estate, including responding to customer enquiries, maintaining processes within the building, updating signage etc and any other tasks directed by the Building Manager or Head of Estate.
- Resolve and implement solutions to any issues arising as a result of the inspections and ensure remedial works are completed.
You will need to hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent NQF/QCF level 3 (England, Wales, and Northern Ireland) / SCQF Level 6 (Scotland), in Health and Safety Management.
Company: HM Revenue & Customs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A