Website Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
We are looking for an enthusiastic customer focused person who can share our council vision for tackling ASB and promoting community safety. The ideal candidate will be an experienced ASB Practitioner and/or have significant skills in investigation, prevention activities and legal proceedings.
As an ASB Officer you will be at the heart of delivering excellent services, manage a busy caseload for a designated town or portfolio within Sandwell, as well as representing the team at a variety of meetings and events. You will need to show a passion for ASB work and investigation with a customer focus.
The post holder will focus on resolving/reducing ASB within their town while supporting victims and managing a complex caseload. The post holder will need to be proactive in partnership working with local Councillors, Community Groups, volunteers and other agencies to deliver excellent services and respond to customer needs.
- At least 2 years current or recent experience in this type of work or in a related field including ASB, community safety, neighbourhood management or housing.
- Knowledge and use of prevention and enforcement tools to tackle ASB.
- Partnership working with a wide range of agencies.
- Educated to A level or equivalent or experience directly relevant to the post.
- Experience of working with diverse communities.
- A good understanding of ASB Legislation and housing management functions.
- Proven experience of case management, investigative work, evidence gathering and assessment.
Company: Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandwell, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A