Website Wakefield Council
Our Planning Services Development Management Team is looking for a Principal Planning Officer (Deputy Team Leader) to assist us in delivering strategic regeneration initiatives and high-quality sustainable development, and to support our housing and job growth targets.
- Managing, motivating and mentoring staff within the teams; and helping to maintain and improve service performance;
- Project managing significant and complex strategic and major planning applications across the district;
- Providing pre-application advice to prospective applicants for major and complex development schemes;
- Developing service improvement initiatives;
- Developing Planning Performance Agreements; and acting as a lead officer for major development proposals;
- Reviewing the case work of officers and authorising decisions on planning applications under the Council’s officer scheme of delegation.
- Supporting the Development Management Team Leaders and Service Manager;
- Have a relevant professional qualification (MRTPI is desirable).
- The position offers line management opportunities therefore the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and the ability to contribute positively to the continued development of the service.
Company: Wakefield Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wakefield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A