Website UK Ministry of DefenceQuality Assurance Engineer
You’ll benefit from plenty of opportunities for development, access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women in Engineering Network, Parents Network, Race & Culture Network, Neuro Inclusivity Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
These positions fall within Land Equipment Operating Centre (LEOC), which covers various Land Equipment projects such as Mechanised Infantry Vehicle, Main Battle Tanks, Artillery and Multi Launch Rocket Systems.
Specifically, these roles will be working across two of our high-profile complex Vehicle programmes with Challenger 3 and Mechanised Infantry Vehicle. Both programmes are critical to providing the Army with the next generations of Fighting Vehicles which incorporate cutting edge technology, capable of coping with the demands of the modern battlefield.
- Providing advice, guidance and support to Delivery Teams on the implementation of quality policy and assuring compliance.
- Managing quality across the contractual boundary, including determining appropriate quality criteria for contracts and assessing supplier deliverables
- Auditing such as identifying and managing quality related risks, including product related risk, facilitating investigations of equipment faults
- Applied knowledge of quality assurance within the acquisition and supply chain environment.
- Experience of auditing.
- Relevant Level 4 qualification (HNC or higher) or equivalent quality assurance experience.
- Knowledge in quality areas such as Configuration Management and Risk.
Company: UK Ministry of Defence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A