Website Royal Navy
As an Apprentice Communications Information Systems, it’s your job to guarantee the transmission and receipt of messages that are pivotal to our Replenishment at Sea operations. It’s a civilian role, but one that contributes to protecting our nation’s interests. From the moment you join you’ll gain hands-on experience with some of our most sophisticated equipment, learning how to use everything from message handling systems to satellite links, and embarking on a truly exhilarating career.
- Learn about ICT and telecoms, and gain recognised qualifications in both subjects as part of your apprenticeship.
- Take your place within a professional ship’s company, working alongside senior officers from all branches to transmit and receive crucial information. You might be requesting essential supplies one day, and giving Royal Navy ships your estimated time of arrival the next.
- Use complex equipment to help the ship perform its essential role. That means working with everything from high-speed data, to the Global Maritime Distress Safety System (GMDSS).
- Outside of the Ops Room, you’ll have crucial duties to perform as part of the ship’s company, including firefighting, first aid, and being a member of the damage control team.
- Entry requirements GCSE Maths and English Language at Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
- You’ll need to be aged 16, there’s no upper age limit
- You’ll need to have confidence with jumping into water and the ability to wade whilst wearing a life jacket
- Applicants must be British, Irish or Commonwealth citizens. However, a number of career paths have nationality restrictions. Dual Nationality will be considered providing the first nationality is British. Note: Residency restrictions may apply
Company: Royal Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A