Website Royal Navy
The Royal Navy offers a world of unparalleled opportunities for its reservists. And this means the type of spiritual guidance and support they need is equally unique. The friendship and advice you’ll need to offer as a Reserve Chaplain will be unlike anything you’ve done in your civilian career. You’ll work in a multi-faith environment, one that can include challenging situations, and the need to guide reservists as well as their families when they’re deployed. You’ll be there for whoever needs you to be. You’ll serve the people who serve the nation.
- Travel the world, giving crucial guidance to serving personnel and their families. The work you do when mobilised will be vital to protecting our nations interests.
- Act as chaplain to a unique, and very varied congregation. The spiritual and emotional support you provide will be vital to the wellbeing of personnel of all ranks and roles.
- Work in a multi-faith environment, providing advice and guidance that is very different to that needed in the civilian world.
- Develop a wide range of new skills through military training, including firefighting and first aid. You’ll need to apply these skills in operational environments, as well as on exercises.
- Be a clergy member of one of the following churches: Anglican, Roman Catholic, Church of Scotland, Congregational, Presbyterian, Baptist, United Reformed, Assemblies of God, Elim Pentecostal, Methodist or Churches in Communities International
- You must be a minimum age of 25 and under the age of 60 when you start training
- Pass the Naval Swimming Test
- A theological degree or recognised qualification from a Bible College
- To be employed by a church at the point of application, with a view to having three years of experience behind you by the time you complete your Royal Naval Reserve training
- A British/British Dual National who has lived in the UK continuously for the 5 years prior to applying
Company: Royal Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A