Website Network Rail
The team supports Network Rail’s senior leadership engagement in Westminster and Whitehall, and with business groups and stakeholder organisations. You’ll work with regional teams and industry partners to develop shared responses to issues. You’ll be part of a lively, dynamic team which covers public affairs and government relations, responsible for getting information from across a complex, national organisation and turning it into clear, compelling messages for our audiences. You’ll handle various issues, from reacting effectively to fast paced situations on the network, to developing positions and projects over time. You’ll develop and implement engagement plans to achieve business objectives, based upon technical expertise and political insight gathered and analysed by the team.
- Implement the major incident communications plan as required.
- Lead activities in responding to key legislative proposals, government consultations, and other strategic political consultations and developments that impact upon the company.
- Provide a comprehensive contact programme for passenger representatives’ bodies and other national stakeholder groups, providing assistance as appropriate to senior Executives in their interactions with those groups.
- Take part in on-call arrangements to deal with out-of-hours media requirements on behalf of the company.
- Provide direct management and development of a team including carrying out regular 121’s, appraisals, objective setting and performance monitoring.
- Analyse, plan and manage, public affairs activities which are fully co-ordinated and consistent with other communications strategies and activities.
- Analyse and manage the development and delivery of strategies and activities in the government / public affairs environment that enable the delivery of the objectives contained in Network Rail’s corporate communications strategy.
- Manage designated public affairs activities, including meetings, receptions and tours within agreed financial budgets.
- Establish an effective network of internal and external contacts as appropriate to carry out the public affairs function.
- Substantial experience in public affairs / lobbying / local government.
- High standards of written and spoken communication.
- The experience and personal credibility to work effectively with senior managers.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Proven ability to grasp, understand and promote complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive and sensible way.
- Ability to develop and maintain a wide network of stakeholder contacts.
- A proven understanding of all relevant political calendars and legislative assemblies
Company: Network Rail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Blackfriars, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A