Website Newcastle College
Binnies UK Ltd is recruiting a Design Lead to support their growing Flood, Coast & Maritime (FCM) team, with particular emphasis on leading a large engineering project or supporting a portfolio of projects. The team undertakes a variety of engineering projects for clients in the Flood Coastal and Maritime sector including appraisal, business case development, detailed design and site supervision.
- Raising and resolving technical queries.
- Ensuring that company/Client standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible.
- Taking all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
- Organisation of the work required and documenting in the Design Management Plan.
- Oversight of production of design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased,
- installed and commissioned effectively.
- Establishing working relationships with Client and staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in
- design outputs.
- Ensuring that an adequate Technical, Safety and Environmental review is carried out for each project.
- Coordination of design outputs across all technical disciplines.
- Agreement of the design cost budget and monitoring performance against the budget and providing forecast costs to completion for individual projects.
- Maintaining a positive and solution-oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
- Recording, monitoring and controlling design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency.
- Oversight of or site supervision duties for engineering project.
- Being aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customers’ perception and satisfaction.
- Contributing to ensuring a safe working environment for all staff.
- Preparation of monthly project status reports.
- Delivery of the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology preferred or any other degree, specialized training, or experience, that makes the individual qualified to perform the job responsibilities.
- Holds an Industry recognized professional chartered qualification.
- Required to highlight resource and skills gaps and proactively engages in across P&L liaison and recruitment requirements
Company: Newcastle College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Redhill, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A