Website Newcastle College
We’re looking for an Actuary to join one of our actuarial teams that works with schemes in PPF assessment.
We do this by paying our members, by charging a levy and by investing sustainably. Our work has a real impact on people’s lives, so we strive to do it well, with integrity and their future in mind.
This position will be involved with the reviews of Section 143 valuations and with other actuarial matters that come up in relation to a wide array of schemes going through the complex assessment process. We also provide support on actuarial calculations for individual members and projects involving groups of members in the PPF and the Financial Assistance Scheme.
We’re the Pension Protection Fund. We protect millions of people in the UK who belong to defined benefit pension schemes. When these schemes fail, we’re ready to help.
- There will be variety in the role, including calculating or checking results from our actuarial models, drafting appropriate technical responses using suitable methodology and understanding and using our complex risk framework from a financial and non-financial perspective.
- There will also be opportunities to work with both actuarial and other colleagues on complex multi-disciplinary projects.
- We’ll also give you lots of opportunities for personal development and skills training.
- In return for your skills, experience and commitment we’ll give you a challenging role within a business where you’ll get the support you need to develop your career.
- Our ideal applicant will be a qualified Actuary with experience gained from within the Pension industry. We would consider a studier that has between 1 and 3 papers left for this position as well (salary will be adjusted to reflect the stage of qualification for studiers).
Company: Newcastle College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Croydon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A