Website Transport for Wales
As Assistant Finance Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Purchase Ledger function and Finance Assistant, supporting the company’s reporting and accounting process – specifically for net depreciation, trade creditors, VAT and intangible assets -, reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring financial controls are working effectively and in line with group guidelines
- Review of reporting requirements for HMRC including VAT and RDCO and various reports for the Office of National Statistics.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with periodic reviews including reconciling balance sheet accounts and other support as required.
- Ownership of the review process for fixed assets and purchase ledger and preparation of the depreciation, amortisation and trade creditors budget, rolling forecast and periodic reporting.
- Leading and directing the Purchase Ledger function and Finance Assistant where attention to detail is key..
- Experience of effective line management in a pressurised team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Good computer skills within MS Word Packages and finance systems
- At least part qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Excellent, highly developed analytical skills
- Practical experience working in a pressurised environment, and an ability to work in a team.
Company: Transport for Wales
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pontypridd, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A