In the Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability team, we protect and enhance the reputation of our brand. We work with those in our business and supply chains to ensure we operate in an ethical and sustainable way and strive to protect our planet for future generations. We look after all aspects of corporate responsibility and sustainability and work to improve the lives of the people in the communities we serve and source from. We have a varied and diverse workload looking at matters such as climate change, waste and biodiversity as well as labour practices across our global supply chain.
- Embed our responsible sourcing strategy and ensure commercial teams and suppliers (including GNFR suppliers) are aligned to our values and strategy; through supporting and embedding the approach ‘in the line’ and directly through supply chains with all relevant actors
- Maintain your subject matter expertise through formal and informal training across a number of environmental themes, such as climate, deforestation, nature and water stewardship
- Determine our ‘position’ on key issues, working across the brands and channels to coordinate the company position and to determine ways to embed, train, manage and coordinate within the company.
- Compile and draft approaches, policies, and standards for internal sign-off and update as and when required to maintain Sainsbury’s agreed position for given impact areas.
- Deal with issues management with our brand communications and category teams, ensuring clear escalation and recommendations on approach on all sustainability issues.
- Ensure effective internal and external communications, providing content for communications teams.
- Support the Head of Environmental Sustainability on the development, continuous improvement and implementation of our group environmental sustainability strategy.
- Lead the agenda with relevant stakeholders to embed and deliver the Group’s sustainability strategy, including colleagues, suppliers, investors and NGOs
Identifying, leading, and managing the implementation of supply chain initiatives aligned to our investment strategy.
- Experience in the management of environmental risks in food and/ or non-food supply chains – including at least one of the following: Scope 3 climate / carbon, deforestation and land conversion, biodiversity / nature, water stewardship, responsible sourcing
- Experience working on Scope 3 Carbon Reduction programmes, including the development and delivery of carbon foot-printing projects
- Knowledge of carbon accounting regulations and best practice carbon modelling
- Experience of managing forest risk commodities and delivering sustainable supply chain approaches in palm, soy, cocoa, beef, timber, coffee, amongst other commodities
- Degree or significant experience in environmental sustainability, preferably within the food or General Merchandise and Clothing sectors
- Familiar with risk assessment and management, prioritising activities in an environment of competing priorities
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A