Website Royal Navy
Being a Cryptologic Technician means you’re vital to the ship’s intelligence gathering operation. The go-to for information that shapes the operational decision-making process. Your insight will transform raw data into an indispensable analysis of the situation. You’ll also use your keen eye for detail to prepare briefings for senior officers. It’s these clear and concise reports that will help them make each mission a success.
- Use a range of highly specialist, cutting-edge communications equipment to gather mission-crucial information for the Captain and senior officers.
- Operations change quickly, so you’ll adapt to whatever comes your way with quick thinking and clear communication.
- At the heart of every mission, you’ll be in the thick of the action on our most advanced warships, performing an invaluable role as you handle sensitive, and often classified, information.
- You’ll have the sense of pride and purpose that you’ll be helping the Royal Navy do what it does best: protecting our nation’s interests.
- A real sense of adventure, with a high level of physical and mental fitness
- A love of teamwork
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18 and 28 (between 17 and 27 if under 18)
- You must be aged 16 to 39
- An ability to thrive in high-pressure situations
- A passion for life at sea
- Pass the Naval Swimming Test
- An affinity with technology, computers and electronics
- You’ll need at least 2 GCSEs at grades A-C (9-4) (or Scottish equivalent)
- You, your surviving parents and your spouse/partner must hold sole British Citizenship and you must have continually resided in the UK for a minimum of 10 years
Company: Royal Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A