Website HM Treasury
The Public Services Group is at the heart of the Treasury’s work to secure strong and sustainable public finances. We manage public spending of more than £250 billion across key public services and departments, including health, education, the police, the criminal justice system, local government, housing, defence and the devolved administrations in Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
We do this by working with other government departments, ministers, and other Treasury teams to ensure that spending plans support high quality public services and provide value for money for the taxpayer.
Our roles offer a range of opportunities to work with senior leaders in other government departments, as well as helping to ensure the effective delivery of public services that so many people rely on.
- Building excellent links with networks across Government to utilise expert services and embed our initiatives in departments, sharing knowledge, best practice and resource.
- Developing an attractive reward and retention strategy to increase numbers of high-quality applicants to our roles and reduce attrition.
- Encouraging a diverse and inclusive environment across the Finance Function.
- Resourcing and strategic workforce planning to ensure succession plans are in place for the function’s pivotal roles.
- Developing a robust and diverse talent pipeline through a dynamic and engaging talent management strategy.
- To build financial capability for finance and non-finance professionals across government by delivering excellent learning and development.
- Coordinate and maintain team project plans for the respective Capability and People teams, ensuring that we can effectively deliver against our collective priorities and actively plan for future demands.
- Support the organisation and delivery of talent forums including Grade 6/7, SCS1, SCS2 alongside talent development programmes.
- Providing administrative support for talent management and mentoring programmes, particularly around launch and invoicing activity, ensuring that they run as smoothly as possible.
- Support the People experts in Resourcing and Reward, Talent and Networks and Diversity, Inclusion & Wellbeing to deliver functional objectives. Including how we build on and promote departmental activity and add value as a central delivery function.
- Support the development and coordination of content for our learning products and services and the organisation of learning and development events. Using clear communication and professionalism when managing queries process and monitoring responses for team’s two functional mailboxes.
- Perform secretariat for governance meetings including Talent Forums, Moderations and Heads of Finance Professionalism. Organise pre-meetings, prepare agendas and commission/send relevant papers and management of actions.
Company: HM Treasury
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A